Whether you need a backpack for hunting, camping, hiking, all three, or something else entirely, you have a lot of options when it comes to purchasing an army assault pack. They will, more or less, all share similar features, but choosing which assault pack to purchase will depend mainly on how much carrying capacity you need. We’ve put together this review of the best army assault packs online, and we’ll choose our favorite one at the end.
One misconception that many have about army assault packs is that they must be issued by the government. While that’s certainly a nice quality, that’s not a requirement for the best army assault packs on the market. There are many packs inspired by government issued ones that are incredibly durable, have a lot of storage room, and include MOLLE fronts and sides. Obviously, the price you’re paying varies significantly depending on how big of a pack you need and the quality of material it’s made with, so choosing the right one for you is really important here.
Materials – The army assault pack from Reebow is made of heavy duty nylon, which is resistant to water and easy to clean. The entire capacity is 34L of space, and it is 18 inches tall. The lining is double stitched with equally durable threading, and the zipper closures are heavy duty. Quick detach buckles maintain the depression system across the front and side pockets. All quick detach buckles are fully adjustable for retention. This assault pack does not include a hydration bladder, but there is space for a 2.5L bladder to be installed. A MOLLE system is installed across the front pockets, as well as on the sides. The shoulder straps are fully padded and netted, and they have additional nylon straps for size adjustments. It’s available in army green.
Performance – If you’re interested in army assault packs, but you don’t necessarily need to most genuine, top of the line pack, then this would be a good place to start when shopping online. The Reebow Tactical backpack will mimic the style you’re looking for while being very affordable. There is plenty of space for storing items during a camping trip, a hiking journey, or gear you need for whatever activity you are doing. It is not available in camouflage, but the green color is fairly muted. Personally, we were fans of the shoulder straps; they won’t be digging into your neck or back any time soon. Slide in your hydration bladder, and you’re ready to go for a long afternoon in the woods or a multi-day trip!
What we say – This is the best army assault pack for those who don’t need the most authentic piece of equipment. At an affordable cost, you’re getting good storage space in a durable material.
- Lowest cost
- Double stitched lining
- Fully padded shoulder straps
- MOLLE is not mil-spec
- Tactical assualt backpack Capacity: 34L. Size approx.:11"*18"*12" / 28*45.5*30CM (W*H*D), it's not big backpack; Military backpack is made of high density fabric--durable and water-resistant
- The assault pack with double-stitched, Heavy duty zippers and utility-style cord pulls, Side and front load compression system, Comfortable padding back area, Ventilated mesh padding shoulder strap.
- Military backpack has hydration compatible that works great for a 2.5L hydration bladder (backpack didn't include hydration bladder) as hydration backpack or outdoor camping hiking backpack.
Materials – Weffort’s tactical army assault pack is a little larger than the previous version. Its capacity is 40L, and it is twenty inches in height. It can be purchased in all black or all tan. The polyester construction is very dense and resistant to water. A hydration bladder compatible compartment is included, but it does not come with the bladder. All compartments close with heavy duty zippers and cord pulls. The MOLLE webbing system is on the two front pockets, as well as the sides. There is a set of four quick release buckle clips that act as a compression system. They have adjustable nylon straps. The shoulder straps also have adjustable nylon pulls, and they are fully padded.
Performance – This option isn’t too far off the track from the previous choice, but it does step up the game a little bit. There’s more storage space and the neutral colors it’s available in are more subtle and discrete. There are less quick release compression buckles on this one, however. It’s a great assault pack for storing clothes and provisions or even bulky hunting gear. It’s hardly more expensive than the previous choice, as well. If you spend the few extra dollars on a quality hydration bladder, this pack will see you through multiple days or a particularly tough trek through nature.
What we say – This is the best army assault pack for campers, hunters, or hikers who need that additional storage space and aren’t big fans of the army green on the previous choice. There is plenty of MOLLE webbing to play with, and the heavy duty zippers will keep your items safe in place.
- Comes in discrete colors
- 40L storage capacity
- Plenty of adjustable straps
- Less compression buckles
- 40L Military Tactical backpack size approx.:13"*20"*11" / 33*50.5*28CM (W*H*D) ; Military backpack is made of High-Density durable and waterproof polyester fabric.
- The molle tactical backpack has molle system, Molle webbing throughout for attaching additional tactical pouches or gear as 3 day assault pack, bug out bag backpack, combat backpack.
- Military tactical backpack has hydration compatible that works great for a hydration bladder (backpack don't include hydration bladder) as hydration backpack or outdoor camping hiking backpack.
Materials – For more serious operations, the CVLIFE army assault pack is a 50L capacity backpack with a nearly twenty inch height. It’s available to purchase in three colors: Black, ACU, and CP. The material is a 600D nylon, which is resistant to water, extreme temperatures, and it’s easy to wipe clean. There are fully adjustable shoulder straps, a chest belt, and a hip belt with quick detach buckle clips. There are three pockets that are removeable and attach to the MOLLE webbing system. All zipper closures are made with heavy duty zippers. A compression system is included, but only at the sides and over the top of the assault pack.
Performance – If you want something closer to what the experienced use, CVLIFE’s assault pack not only gives you loads of space to work with in the main compartment, but there are detachable side pockets to store items as well. You’re also getting a more durable material. While the first two previous assault packs were made with polyester (which is great for wiping away messes or repelling dirt), this one is made with a much tougher nylon. It will be more resistant to rips and tears from exterior elements or heavy weight inside the pack. We highly suggest utilizing the waist strap when wearing this pack because the shoulder straps alone are not going to bare the weight of your belongings.
What we say – If you plan on being away for a week, or you simply have a lot of stuff to carry, the CVLIFE 50L Military Rucksack is the best army assault pack for you.
- 50L storage space
- All black look is discrete
- Detachable side and front pockets
- Shoulder straps alone will not bare all weight
- Tactical backpack is made of water- resistant 600x600 oxford fabric, water-resistant and durable.
- Spacious military backpack has one main large compartment, one front DETACHABLE bag which can be used as a tactical fanny pack separately, two side DETACHABLE tactical backpack accessories pouches which can be used as first aid bags. This multipurpose backpack can be flexibly regarded as a 50L and 60L backpack.
- MOLLE system of this military molle backpack rucksack allows you to easily attach outdoor gear, more pouches and sleeping pad.
Materials – 5.11’s RUSH72 army assault pack is the most rugged within this review, being made with 1050D nylon. The inside pocket flaps and bags are coated in a water repellent. You can purchase this option in seven colors and patterns: Black, Dark Earth, Double Tap Blue, Multicam, Olive Drab, Sandstone, and Storm Gray. The yoke shoulder strap system is adjustable. The storage capacity is approximately 50L, and it’s about twenty inches in height. A MOLLE webbing system is in place across the entire surfaces of the front and side pockets. Fully adjustable nylon straps with quick detach buckles act as a compression system from the front to back of this pack.
Performance – For the price, you get a heck of a lot more with the 5.11 RUSH72 army assault pack. While it’s about the same in size as the previous choice, the material it’s made from is nearly twice as strong and durable. You can carry this thing through rain, wind, and snow, and it will basically be indestructible. Not only that, but you get plenty of color and pattern options to choose from. This is one of the few army assault packs online that actually offers camouflage. This is also the only option with the integrated yoke shoulder strap system. While you’ll still need to use the other quick release straps included, the shoulder straps will efficiently save you from a lot of back and neck pain.
What we say – This is the best army assault pack for long distance travelers or those whole travel in any capacity through extreme temperatures or weather. The 1050D nylon will hold up against anything you throw at it (or put in it).
- Yoke shoulder straps
- Multiple colors and patterns
- Made with 1050D nylon
- Most expensive option
- Tactical Backpack RUSH72 features military bag design, built from high strength, water-repellant rucksack made with 1000D nylon; 3342 cubic inch / 55 liter total capacity
- This MOLLE military style tactical backpack is ready for patrol. Dual-zippered front and main compartments with glove friendly molded grip pulls. admin organization pocket to store maps, pens and documents.
- This heavy duty large military backpack features a front pocket - 15.5 x 11.5 x 2 inch, main compartment - 23 H x 13.5 L x 8.5 inches, hydration pocket -21 x 13.5 inches, left and right side pockets - 16.5 x 6 x 1.75 inch
Our Favorite Army Assault Pack
Out of all four army assault packs, our favorite one was the Weffort Military Tactical Backpack. You’re right, it’s not the biggest or the strongest assault pack in this review. We chose this one for a couple reasons. For one, for the price, it has some of the best value. We also don’t think everyone needs a 50L assault pack with extra side pockets that are completely covered in MOLLE webbing. The Weffort backpack has just the right amount of storage space and MOLLE integration for our average readers that need a few days’ worth of storage in a comfortably sized pack. Finally, the tan and black colors make this a low profile type of assault pack that shouldn’t turn any buyers away. This is definitely an option worth looking in to.
Price incl. tax, excl. shipping/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API