The Glock 26 has become one of the top gun choices for conceal and carry. It is lightweight, and holds more rounds than a revolver. It also shoots faster, and has decent accuracy. Glock 26 IWB holsters have become very numerous due to the popularity of the 26 version. Many options exist for a Glock 26 concealed carry holster, but in this article I am focusing on IWB holsters. IWB, for those of you who may be new to conceal and carry firearms, stands for “Inside the Waistband”. First, I will tell you what to look for to find the best IWB holsters for the Glock 26.
Inside the waistband refers to how the gun is carried, which is between the body and the waistband of your pants. There are four positions in which you can carry an IWB holster for a Glock 26, or any other pistol; traditional strong side, appendix carry, small of back carry, and cross draw. One of the main reasons people use an IWB holster for a Glock 26 is that it does not require any special gear, or extra clothing to conceal it. What Glock 26 IWB holster you choose will be dependent upon your needs and wants, but there are a few things to look for when choosing a holster.
- Comfort – Any holster should fit the body well, and be easily worn without discomfort. This also means that the best IWB Glock 26 holsters can move into any of the four positions of carry easily and comfortably. Now, comfort does not just refer to you, but also how comfortably your Glock 26 fits in its holster. You should also consider if you want to have attachments on your Glock, such as lights or sights. Some holsters need to be broken in, like a pair of shoes. If you spend long hours behind the wheel, or sitting in general, a different style IWB Glock concealed holster may be needed.
- Barrier – The best holsters for the Glock 26 provide a complete barrier between your skin and the gun. Moisture from sweat, especially in warmer weather, can build up anywhere on the human body. Even if you are a novice to pistols it is a well known rule that moisture and guns do not get along so well, kind of like liberals and conservatives. Another reason for a barrier that is often overlooked is plain old dirt. Most IWB holsters are made from Kydex, nylon, or leather. Leather is the most comfortable to wear, but does not protect against moisture as well as the other two. A good Glock 26 conceal holster will prevent both moisture and dirt from damaging your pistol.
- Security – This maybe should have been first on the list. Any Glock 26 concealed holster needs to keep your pistol as secure as possible. It should fit snugly and not move at all. It needs to combine this with ease of removal and holstering. For this reason alone, research is a must to pick the absolute best IWB holster for the Glock 26.
BONUS OFFER: Get your free shooting range targets to print at home!
Get your free targets to print at home!
The 4 Best Holsters For the Glock 26 IWB
Here we are at the list finally. Each Glock 26 concealed holster has different attributes for different situations and uses. If you are in law enforcement the holster you use is going to be different than say, a hunter who keeps one for safety against predators. Having a concealed weapon of any kind is a great way to protect yourself, just remember the responsibility that comes with that. Alright, enough preaching. Here are the 4 best Glock 26 concealed IWB carry holsters.
When it comes to Glock 26 holsters that conceal, Galco is at the top of its game. Made from Kydex, a plastic polymer, it is a durable holster that keeps your pistol secure until you need it. It is light and rugged. It is a passive retention design that relies on the holster’s contact surface with the gun to hold in place. Since this model is made of Kydex, and not leather, it has tension screw near the trigger guard to adjust the tension, and keep your Glock in place.
It is a traditional, open top holster. The Triton fits almost any belt, and comes with a sweat guard to protect your pistol from moisture. It has a thin design that keeps your draw nice and smooth. This same design aspect makes it just as easy to re-holster your gun. It sits comfortably in all four positions, and can handle rugged use. The Kydex material resists ripping, and moisture will not harm it in any way. This is one of the top Glock 26 holsters within IWB types, and is used by the police and military often.
- Traditional open top holster
- Thin profile
- Ease of draw and holstering
- Kydex construction makes it durable
- Tension adjustment screw
- Sweat guard
- Fits nearly any belt
- Good price for quality
- Need thick belt to secure the holster
- Can’t adjust angle of gun
- Clip has poor grip on belt
Unlike the last holster, this IWB holster for the Glock 26 is made of genuine cowhide leather. Even though Pro Carry is a relatively new name in the holster market, its quality is easily seen. The beautiful stitching will be what first catches your eye. It comes with a single steel clip that makes ensures a tight hold to your belt, and makes it easy to carry in all four positions. The open top design of this holster allows for a quick draw and return.
Retention for this Glock 26 holster IWB is determined by the tension between the body and the belt. The leather usually takes some time to break in, so at first it might not seem like it wants to hold your pistol. To this, I say, give it time because leather is my personal favorite for most holsters. Once they are broke in, they are hard to beat. That doesn’t mean Kydex or nylon is not worth looking at. If you need to worry about moisture for any reason, these are the better choice. This is a lightweight, soft, comfortable, easy to conceal leather Glock 26 IWB holster. It is made from the best leather available in the USA, and is easy on the budget.
- Steel clip
- Fits all four positions
- Easy to conceal
- Quality stitching
- Tight hold
- Does not protect against moisture
- Depending on your hands it can be hard to grip when you want to draw
- Holster comes out with gun rarely
This ingenious Glock 26 holster conceals your pistol in all positions, and angles. The holster is a hybrid of leather and Kydex. One of the sweetest points about this holster is the ability to adjust the cant. It easily goes from a reverse cant, to a forward FBI style cant, to a straight cant with the adjustment holes incorporated into it. The cow hide leather is top notch, and provides the comfort needed when wearing it against your skin. The Kydex body provides protection from moisture and other elements that may damage your gun.
When talking Glock 26 holsters IWB style, this is one of the most versatile on the market. It also comes with two mounting options; clip and belt loops. The loops are a great addition for making sure the holster stays in place for a quick draw. These holsters are custom fit specifically for your gun by hand. Another great point that this holster has is that it is interchangeable with all other Comp-Tac IU bodies, making it possible for you to use a single holster for all of your pistols. The inside of the holster provides low friction for a fast draw in the time of need.
- Leather/Kydex Hybrid
- Genuine cow hide
- Cant adjustment holes
- Cant positions include; Reverse, FBI forward, and straight drop
- Clip and belt loop attachments
- Custom fitted to each gun
- Resistant to sweat and solvents
- Can be carried in all four positions
- Can add second clip for heavier guns or better hold
- Heavier guns do not distribute weight well
This is one of the best leather makes out there for an IWB Glock 26 holster. It fits nearly any Glock. It is handmade in the USA from bullhide leather. This is designed for maximum performance and comfort. It comes with a lifetime warranty, which is unusual for any holster. It is form-fitted to give you the best carry possible, and not letting your pistol move when it shouldn’t be moving. The stitching is second to none, and adds a refined look to this holster. It is a solid build made for those crucial situations when you need your gun fast, and without incident.
The retention is snug, but the clip is one of the best made as far as sturdiness goes. This fits the minimalist profile. It is lightweight, slim, and will conceal your weapon even from the most trained eyes. The spring metal belt clip is made to stay. This is a sharp holster when talking about leather, it has a soft lining inside to keep the finish on your gun looking sharp. The price for this holster is pretty amazing when considering the quality.
- USA bull hide leather
- Superb stitching
- Fits nearly any Glock, and other pistols too
- Soft inside lining for keeping finish like new
- Metal spring clip
- Easy draw and return
- Very comfortable, even for bigger persons
- Snug retention
- Not waterproof
The Best Holster For A Glock 26
All of these holsters are great choices for the Glock 26. Different circumstances for different people will determine what works best for them. All around though, I have to say the Comp-Tac IU Max Holster is top notch. They thought of just about everything anyone could need in a holster with adjustable cant positions, the leather/Kydex hybrid to give the best of both worlds, and the clip/belt loops option for securing the holster. The Defender Leather IWB Holster is nearly tied with the Infidel though. For my applications personally, that would be the one I would buy, but alas, the Comp-Tac just offers more options.