Included in The Most Popular Handguns in America, the Taurus G2C became one of the most famous everyday carry guns ever since its introduction in 2018. We previously made a Comprehensive Taurus G2C Review, and we can say that it is one of the top options for concealed carry. Even though the Taurus G2C is one of the best concealed carry weapons (CCW) out there, there’s one thing that can make this pistol even better ― a tactical light. That’s why I created a list of the best Taurus G2C flashlights and laser sights so that you can take your Taurus G2c accuracy game to a whole new level.
Not all flashlights are built the same, which is why there is such a huge list to choose from on the market. We will provide you with the best lights on the market and the reason behind our choices.
Best Budget Buy
|GGD Green Laser Sight with Flashlight Combo for Taurus G2C 9mm||
||$68 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie 600 LUMENS CW LED TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT FOR TAURUS G2C||
||$85 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|STREAMLIGHT 69420 TLR-7 LOW PROFILE RAIL MOUNTED TACTICAL LIGHT FOR TAURUS G2C||
||$146 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|Lixada LED Tactical Rail Mounted Pistol Light||
||$29 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|ArmaLaser TR23 Red Laser Sight for Taurus G2C||
||$98 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|Viridian Essential Red Laser Sight for Taurus G2C||
||$99 Shop NowClick to read my review|
BONUS OFFER: Get your free shooting range targets to print at home!
Get your free targets to print at home!
A Look at the Taurus G2C
The Taurus G2C is an affordable and excellent choice for a concealed carry. It is simple to use and easy to hide. With those characteristics, we can put our trust into most guns. Upon release, it was the game changer for Taurus. Before, if you bought a semi-auto Taurus, you had a 50-50 chance of getting a good pistol from the manufacturer. The sales of Taurus G2C were greater than expected. This gun surpassed expectations to the surprise of many. We have a complete Taurus G2C review, and you can read it if you want to learn more about this impressive gun. This accurate, reliable handgun has a good range of aftermarket accessories. Flashlights and laser sights are among those.
Flashlights: Here’s What You Need to Know
A flashlight can serve multiple purposes. It is important to choose a flashlight that serves your individual needs. It could be your first line of defense in an unexpected attack. Therefore, it is important to choose a high-quality one that justifies its integrity.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Flashlight
- Decide its purpose: Are you looking for a flashlight for hunting? For self-defense? Identify the main reason why you need one when purchasing a flashlight.
- Set a budget: Is this flashlight worth it? Is it too much on your budget? Is it too cheap that you’re worried about the quality? We will recommend the best flashlights at various price ranges so that you can use this as a guide.
- Select features that fit your needs: There are many features to consider in a flashlight. But what is the purpose of the flashlight? From there, you can prioritize checking the features tailored to your needs. Some features to consider are lumen output, power source, material durability, weight, size variations, bulb type, brightness levels, switch options, and light modes.
Uses of Tactical Flashlight
A tactical flashlight has many essential purposes. Some examples are self-defense, military purposes, survival, hunting, and camping. It was mainly designed for military use. Hence, many tactical flashlights can be mounted to a weapon for low-light shooting and self-defense if needed.
What is the big difference between a normal flashlight and a tactical one? Tactical flashlights were originally developed in conjunction with firearms to mainly assist in target identification in dark areas. Rather than using a separate flashlight, a tactical flashlight attached to the gun allows for a better aim.
We recommend carrying a tactical flashlight when going out alone at night for self-defense purposes. The brightness and strobe modes can disorient offenders momentarily and gives the victim a chance to attack or escape. Apart from self-defense, you can use it in emergencies like signaling for help and breaking through glass windows.
Flashlights are small in size yet provide a powerful light. This makes it a preferred tool to carry with you no matter where you’re going.
The lumen is the measurement of the total amount of light that comes out of the flashlight. It is different from wattage, which is the amount of power used by the light.
The higher the lumen output your flashlight has, the more light the flashlight produces. The lens or reflector determines the file projection of the light and how the total lumens is used. This affects the light’s brightness. Most flashlights range between 20 lumens to 1,000 to 2,000 lumens.
The variable lumen output levels give you the ability to choose the lumen output depending on the situation. So it’s best to look for one with this feature. These flashlights can be so bright that the high power may drain a battery quickly. So, variable modes are important to give the user options that prolong use of battery charges.
Flashlight Brightness Levels
If you are buying this flashlight for tactical purposes, you may want to look for one that has a light output of 300-plus lumens. A good tactical flashlight comes with adjustable brightness levels, making it a useful flashlight for many activities. Look at the different ranges of illumination and what each level is for:
|150-299 lumens||This lumens is bright enough to light up a room. It can also disorient people for a few seconds. Very sufficient for average uses of flashlight.|
|300-699 lumens||Beginning of tactical zone. Can cover a large area effectively.|
|700+ lumens||This is the beginning range of lumens for rescue operations, trekking, camping, and other military uses. It covers a vast area quite easily.|
There are also flashlights that have an output of 2,000-plus lumens. These are useful for jobs and activities that require the strongest illumination possible. Increased lumens means there’s a need to properly power and cool the LEDs. Small flashlights have limitations. They can only provide max lumens of that level for a very short period of time.
In general, people prefer flashlights that have a lumen output of 300 or higher for tactical flashlights.
Types of Brightness Levels
Generally, flashlights come with two types of brightness adjusters:
- Set modes for brightness: This is a basic model where the flashlight has two or three set brightness levels: high, medium, and low. The high level gives the strongest lumen output of the flashlight. On the other hand, use the low-level when you need less light or to preserve battery power.
- Dimmable flashlights: These flashlights have a larger number of brightness levels, going up to 10 levels with dials that support continuous change or a press and hold function to change the light output. Flashlights with many adjustable levels can set the perfect combination of light output. It can be from dim lights to extremely bright. You can dictate the power consumption and life of the battery.
The Top 6 Best Flashlights and Laser Sights for Taurus G2C
Now that we have discussed the things to consider when choosing flashlights, their uses, and the importance of brightness and lumens, I’ll share with you my top flashlight and laser sight picks for the Taurus G2C.
GGD Green Laser Sight with Flashlight Combo
- Materials: The Rechargeable Green Laser Sight with Flashlight Combo from Gun Gear Depot (GGD) is probably one of the best flashlights created for Taurus G2C. Its 6061-T6 aluminum alloy body provides maximum strength endurance and corrosion resistance. It has a rechargeable lithium battery with a runtime of 1 to 2 hours. The operation model is a steady beam. It is very lightweight, weighing only 2.3 ounces. This GGD creation comes with a 3.7 Working Voltage. It is designed to work on a -10°F to +55°F working temperature, and a storage temperature of 0°F to 65°F.
- Performance: This GGD creation is one of my personal favorites due to many factors. It comes with a rechargeable battery, so I no longer need to buy disposable ones. Its generous power output of 450 lumens can reach up to 120 meters. Its compact green laser sight has a wavelength of 532 nm and an output of 3 to 5 megawatts. The laser module lifetime is 50,000 hours and to highlight, that’s 5.7 calendar years when left open. This 2-in-1 flashlight and laser sight combo has three modes: light only, laser only, and steady “ON” light and laser. You get a Picatinny rail type for mounting that is adjustable for windage and elevation. The activation switch button is accessible for both left- and right-handed users. It also has a steady beam operating model. With the light it produces, this is suitable for hiking, hunting, and other tactical tasks.
- What We Say: This is probably one of the best flashlights for Taurus G2C. With its flashlight and laser combo, and a rechargeable battery on top of it, you can save a lot of money and hassle and can power up your Taurus G2C to its maximum potential.
- Rechargeable battery
- Laser and flashlight combo
- Generous power of 250 lumens
- 3 modes
- Not the brightest flashlight in the list
Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie 600 Lumens CW LED Tactical Flashlight for Taurus G2C
- Materials: The second option for your Taurus G2C is the Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie tactical light. This is also AL6061-T6 aluminum alloy like the GGD flashlight, best for corrosion resistance. This tactical light weighs 2.6 ounces and has a built-in polymer battery. You don’t need to remove the battery or plug into a port that wears out over time. It offers 600 lumens, making it the brightest flashlight on our list. An interesting feature is its adjustable rail, making it a good fit for many more guns than just your Taurus G2C. This is a flashlight only; no laser.
- Performance: As stated above, this powerful flashlight has an output of 600 lumens with 100 meters of throw. That makes it one of the best out there in terms of brightness. It covers approximately 109 yards beam distance. It is an ideal tactical option for on-duty carry due to its weight. Its performance is comparable to mid-sized weapon lights. The activation switch button is also perfect for ambidextrous use. The battery has an approximate 90 minutes run time on continuous mode. The switches are conveniently manipulated by pressing down quickly for constant on/off or hold for momentary-on. To use the adjustable rail, simply slide the rail back and forth in the desired position for your Taurus G2C. It is very easy to remove and install to the point that you can do it in a snap.
- What We Say: This Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie Flashlight is one of the strongest flashlights out there with high-quality and affordable price. It is waterproof and has magnetic charging features. Although it is not equipped with a laser, this light is still a very good everyday carry option.
- High power output of 600 lumens
- Magnetic rechargeable
- Fully waterproof
- No laser included
Streamlight 69240 TLR-7 Low Profile Rail Mounted Tactical Light for Taurus G2C
- Materials: Another one in the list that’s a great choice for your Taurus G2C is the Streamlight TLR-7. Made from an aluminum body, this provides a strong protection against exposure to weather. This product by Streamlight Inc. weighs only 2.4 ounces and is very easy to carry due to its compactness. It has a lithium metal 1 CR123A battery required to operate. It provides a significantly higher power output of 500 lumens and offers approximately 130 beam distance. This ultralightweight yet strong weapon features the latest in C4 LED technology for high lumen operation.
- Performance: The Streamlight TLR-7 is also one of the most universal lights due to its ability to fit a wide variety of compact and even full-size handguns. You can use it in three different modes: momentary mode if you want to save battery life, constant mode which allows a full 90 minutes of usage within one charging, and strobe mode when it comes to on-duty carry. Its low-profile design prevents snagging and a “safe off” feature prevents accidental activation. Its rail grip system securely and rapidly attaches or detaches safely with no tools and without putting your hands in front of the muzzle. Just like the two flashlights above, it has ambidextrous operation.
- What We Say: With its C4 LED technology for extreme brightness and compactness, this light is still a very good everyday carry option for your Taurus G2C. It also operates to 1.5 hours battery life and has three modes and is best for on-duty carry, even though it could be a bit cheaper and include a laser.
- High power output of 500 lumens
- Continuous, momentary, and strobe modes
- Fits pistols of any size
Lixada LED Tactical Gun Flashlight 600LM 2-Mode Handgun Torch Light Rail Mounted Pistol Light
- Materials: Number four on our list is the strong and lightweight Lixada LED Tactical Gun Flashlight. Made from anodized aviation aluminum alloy, it is designed to have a weatherproof body for all seasons and weather types. It weighs about 72 grams and has a feature Powered by XP-G R5 LED that can light up a distance of 100 meters. This Lixada picatinny flashlight is very easy to use and install without any assisting tool required and has a white light illuminator.
- Performance: This tactical flashlight equipped with XP-G R5 LED has a beam distance of up to 100 meters. With two lighting modes, the high mode and strobe mode, this is suitable for many activities like night fishing, camping, hiking, airsoft, hunting, cycling, rock climbing. This flashlight is exquisite and has a compact and lightweight design making it very convenient to carry around. Its white light illuminator can give you a vision to the environment and won’t hamper performance or shooter skill of the user. This flashlight can be used for all the guns installed with Picatinny rail.
- What We Say: The versatility of Lixada LED Tactical Gun Flashlight with its two-mode feature that can be used for various types of activities, this flashlight is one of the best options out there. But this flashlight could be better if it had a laser and if the battery came with its packaging.
- Very lightweight and compact
- White light illuminator suitable for various activity types
- High mode and strobe mode
- No laser
ArmaLaser TR23 Red Laser Sight for Taurus G2C
- Materials: An excellent laser option for your Taurus G2c is the ArmaLaser TR23, which has a red or green laser combo. It is made to perfectly fit the Taurus G2C trigger guard. It’s a very durable product and it even features a master kill switch. This laser weighs about 4.7 ounces and includes a lithium metal battery.
- Performance: The red laser is perfect for self-defense applications while the green laser greatly improves your outdoor target shooting capabilities. It has a maximum range of 50 feet. Although this laser sight comes with a factory preset, you can make the needed adjustments yourself even if you are a beginner. It is ideal for self-defense and outdoor target shooting. The master kill switch feature allows you to turn it off quickly in case you need to. The laser can be installed and used easily, even if you are a newcomer when it comes to lights and lasers. This amazing laser has an extremely bright 635nm red laser with grip activation. You just grasp the pistol normally and the laser turns on easily.
- What We Say: It’s probably one of the greatest lasers among the market, especially for the Taurus G2C because of its perfect fit. This laser is ideal for self-defense and outdoor target shooting especially with its master kill switch. To wrap it off, this sight model has a very budget-friendly price.
- Instant installation with no issues
- Combination of red and green laser
- One of the most budget-friendly lasers out there
- The red laser may not work well outdoors
Viridian Essential Red Laser Sight for Taurus G2C
- Materials: The last entry on our list was designed by Viridian Weapon Technologies, which is a well-known brand even to those who aren’t into the world of gun lasers. It is made from high-strength thermo-molded polymer and is made specifically for your Taurus G2C. This laser is virtually weightless, weighing only 22 grams including the battery. It has a class 3R laser product and a ≤ 5mW power output. It has a simple ambidextrous activation button and is made to have a simple attachment and operation qualities that is easy to use whether you are a beginner or a pro.
- Performance: The Viridian Essential Red Laser Sight utilizes a precise advanced 650nm wavelength to generate the brightest, sharpest, and visible red targeting dot. It tracks your target quicker and more accurately. The brightness of this laser functions in any indoor or low-light environments. At daylight, you can still expect a range of up to 25 yards. At night, the laser lets you acquire targets up to 1 mile away, which is really incredible. Its battery lasts up to 6 hours of constant red laser time. It also includes a 5 minutes auto shut-off feature.
- What We Say: The Viridian Essential Red Laser Sight is the best laser on the list. With its night and even daylight performance, it meets if not exceeds the expectations toward a laser sight. Its maximum range at any time of the day is truly incredible.
- Visible up to 1 mile at night
- Very long battery life
- Ambidextrous on and off button
Finding the best flashlights for your Taurus G2C is not an easy task because there are hundreds of flashlights available in the market. Hopefully, this list helps you narrow down your options. Or needs are of course different, but out of these, I’m recommending the Streamlight TLR-7 as our Top Pick. The 500 lumens and the low profile earned it this space. However, it is pricey, and we, therefore, give you a best budget buy as well. For me, that is the GGD Green Laser Sight.
Which one is your favorite Taurus G2C flashlight? Make sure to share your experience with us in the comment section.