There might be instances where you need to use your Glock at night. Of course, standard sights aren’t effective in such conditions. Hence, the need for night sights comes into play. So, if you are one of those who rely on the 9mm for protection at night, then it’s best you consider getting Glock night sights.
When I say night sights, we are not talking about night vision application. Instead, I’m talking about sights that provide an illumination that makes centering on your target easier. In addition, night sights are also great for daytime applications. Additionally, it also helps increase your ability to quickly zero in through the sights and center on your target without the bulk of a full-on night vision scope.
In this article, we will take a look at the components and characteristics that are commonly found in the best Glock night sights.
Best Budget Buy
|Night Sights for Glock Models|| ||$49 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|Ameriglo Pro-IDOT|| ||$74 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|Trijicon-HD Tritium Night Sights|| ||$103 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|TruGlo-TFX Tritium Fiber Optic Sight|| ||$111 Shop NowClick to read my review|
BONUS OFFER: Get your free shooting range targets to print at home!
Get your free targets to print at home!
Glock Night Sights Buyer’s Guide
- Illumination: Illumination for night sights can be provided by Tritium lamps or by fiber optics. Fiber iptic lamps need a light source to charge themselves. Tritium lamps can provide illumination in total darkness. However, they will be brighter if exposed to direct light throughout the day.
- Rear Site Notch: There is an opening on your rear sight that allows you to line up with the front sight. This opening varies in design, depending on your night sight. You need to feel the most comfortable with, and the best way to do this is to handle and shoot with as many different versions as possible. In general, there are two main types of cuts, a square, and U-shaped notch. Some like one over the other, but I think what matters is the width of the aperture. It should be wide enough so that you have no issue finding your front sight immediately when raising your weapon.
- Dot Alignment: Most Glock night sights you will come across use a three-dot design, having three Tritium lamps or fiber optic rods. The usual three-dot design uses a single dot on the front sight and should align between the two dots on the rear sight position on either side of the notch.
- Contrast Ring: You would like a good contrast ring surrounding the lamp on your front sight. This doesn’t effect anything for night settings, but it makes the sight a lot more functional in daytime applications.
- Profile: Just because a sight says that it is compatible with your Glock 19 doesn’t necessarily mean that it is the right fit. You want sights that are going to mount easily and have a profile that will not snag when drawing and holstering your Glock.
The 4 Best Glock 19 Night Sights
Following the criteria outlined above, the following section will provide a selection of the best Glock night sights that are certainly worth their money.
The Gun Gear Depot Night Sights is very slim, compact and yet it is made of durable materials. This model is one of the best Glock night sights that are currently available on the market. The body is entirely made of Luminescent Material (PHOSPHOR), making it easy to operate in low-light conditions. It has a three-dot design that is simple to install and snag-free. You can easily remove the pistol from the holster by allowing you to carry it comfortably.
It will fit any Glock model, including the 19, 17, 22, and many other models. They’re made to withstand the impact of a firearm for a long time. Because the material is strong and long-lasting, you can use this night sight in any weather situation. Also, it can adjust to far or near the light so it is really tested. That is why it is helpful and beneficial to our shooters.
The Gun Gear Depot Night Sights are long-lasting and efficient in target shooting and games. Without a doubt, this night sight is a wonderful investment because it has good features at a reasonable price. The low profile of the sights makes it ideal for shooting. In fact, this device is made for both instinctive and precise shooting so it’s worthwhile to give it a shot.
- Luminescent Material (PHOSPHOR)
- Highly durable and excellent fit
- Low price
- Easy to install
- You need to absorb light during the day
- Tough to see some color in daylight
This Glock sight has rear and front sights that both use a green Tritium lamp that gives off incredible luminescence, especially when left in direct sunlight for several hours. Even when holstered or stored away from direct sunlight, you can still line these sights up efficiently in the dark.
The front sight tritium lamp surrounds itself with a yellow contrast circle that brings your line of sight right to it in daylight conditions. In addition, this night set uses a unique dot system that is not used in many other night sights. Instead of the traditional three-dot design, the Ameriglo Pro-IDOT uses a two-dot lamp system. While it all comes down to personal preference, the idea behind this design is that in low to no light conditions, the two-dot alignment lets you line up a shot much quicker.
I’m impressed with the target acquisition speed when using this Glock 19 sight. The two-dot system, as well as the wide back notch, allows you to line up quickly. Maybe the biggest issue you will have with this steel night sight is that it can be a pain to install if you don’t have previous experience doing so. This is a concern because if you don’t install it properly, you’re going to end up with a sight that is off.
- Very good luminescence
- Excellent contrast ring for daytime applications
- Two dot design gives fast shot alignment
- Fast target acquisition
- Can be a pain to install
This aluminum polymer night sight for Glock 19 handguns is one of the best Glock sights available on the market. One of the biggest issues most people have with Glock 19 night sights is that they can be difficult to install properly. Those who have personally felt this frustration will be extremely pleased with Trijicon’s HD Tritium night sights. They are extremely easy to install.
This night sight is the common three-dot design with a single front dot and two rear dates on either side of the rear sight notch. All three dots are created from green Tritium lamps. Additionally, the rear notch features a large U-shape cut that makes front sight acquisition much simple. It also gives enough room so that lining up the three dots in low to no light conditions feels much smoother and natural.
The rear site comes machined with specific angles and serrations to help reduce glare which helps in daytime aiming situations. The front sight Tritium lamp surrounds itself with an orange contrast ring that is great in normal and low light conditions.
One of the biggest issues I have with this sight is the rear edge has some sharp edges. These edges might overhang a little depending on the generation of your Glock 19, and will cause some issues holstering.
- Excellent sights for daytime settings
- Excellent target aquisition
- Well-constructed sight bodies
- Easy to install
- Great illumination
- Sharp edges that tend to snag
This Glock 19 Gen 4 night sight is highly durable and anodized for extra scratch resistance. In addition, the front and rear sight sport a snag-free design. You can also draw and holster these sights smoothly.
This is an interesting Glock night sight that utilizes both green fiber optics and Tritium lamps in the front sight. It also equips itself with two fiber optic/ Tritium lamps on the rear sight, giving you the classic three-dot pattern. With this unique design, you get the high brightness of fiber optics during the day, and the constant luminesce of Tritium at night.
The front sight of the TFX is slightly raised to give you quicker and easier target acquisition. Meanwhile, an orange contrast ring surrounds the lamp. Some shooters might have an issue with this setup in daylight shooting as it tends to be almost overwhelming. Too much of a good thing sometimes ends up going the other way.
Overall,I love the rear U-notch and I feel that it accelerates dot alignment and increases target acquisition. This design helps funnel your vision down towards the front sight. Because of this, it is critical that you have proper alignment of the front and rear sight. Moreover, this sight is1 easy to install on your own.
- Highly durable
- Snag-free design
- Best of fiber optics and tritium lamps
- Superior illumination
- Performs well in day and night settings
- Easy to use sights that naturally draws vision to front sight
- Easy to mount
- Contrasting ring and fiber optic front sight is almost too much
Wrap Up – The Best Glock 19 Night Sight
I gave the edge to the TruGlo-TFX Tritium Fiber Optic Sight. The use of both fiber optic rods that provide superior illumination during daytime hours as well as tritium lamps that power those rods at night gives your Glock 19 the ability aim in any situation. This sight increases your target acquisition with the U-shaped notch that draws your sight directly down to the front sight and beyond. Overall, this is one of the best Glock 19 night sights that we have come across, and we think that if you go with it, you will be hard pressed to find something better.
For the best budget pick, I choose the Night Sights for Glock Models. The Gun Gear Depot nights sights are slim and compact, making it easy to draw and holster. The sights are also visible during day or night conditions, and they can fit many kinds of Glock models. In short, you get so many features and advantages despite its affordable price.
I hope that this Glock night sights review provided you with a better understanding of the characteristics and qualities you should look for in searching for the best sights. Whether your job or lifestyle requires you to be out at night or you need a sight that will better serve you to protect your household, night sights on your Glock will dramatically improve not only your weapons performance but your confidence in those situations as well.