If you possess concealed carry pistols, chances are, the Ruger LCP is one of them. These little guys are ideal for discreet carry. For instance, you could put them in a pocket, backpack, or on your ankle. That of course begs the question, what is the best Ruger LCP Pocket Holster?
As a gun hobbyist for 15 years, I’ve owned and handled hundreds of different handguns. From Taurus to S&W, I’ve tried and shot them all at the range. But out of every pistol I’ve touched, the Ruger LCP remains in my top 5. I’m therefore personally vested in finding the best holster for this little gem. I also added a dot sight in case you need one to hone your shooting skills.
BONUS OFFER: Get your free shooting range targets to print at home!
Get your free targets to print at home!
Summary of the best Ruger LCP Pocket Holsters
|Amberide IWB KYDEX Holster|| ||$33 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster|| ||$14 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|DeSantis Super Fly Pocket Holster|| ||$26 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|Talon Ruger LCP Wallet Holster|| ||$49 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|Uncle Mike’s Off-Duty Holster|| ||$13 Shop NowClick to read my review|
If you’re curious, our Ruger LCP Max article explains more about this little baddie.
Why a Pocket Holster Is an Excellent Choic
Since Ruger LCPs are excellent self-defense weapons, carrying one is a necessity. But why do we need pocket holsters? Here are four reasons why you should get a pocket holster for your gun:
- Accessibility: Danger lurks around at every corner and you can’t predict when it happens. You want to have smooth quick draws or pulls of your gun when you’re faced with threats like public gun violence. As such, pocket holsters provide you easy access to your pistol. Whether you attach the holster to your pocket or waistband, this lets you grab your weapon right away.
- Concealability: Apart from easy access, pocket holsters also aid in hiding your gun from plain sight. Many pocket holsters allow you to pocket carry or place your weapon inside the waistband (IWB). Also, a few holsters have belt clips that let you fasten one to your pants’ pocket. Hence, doing one of these helps prevent harming yourself or other people. One example is getting arrested for possessing a firearm.
- Portability: One of the best reasons why pocket holsters are great purchases is their mobility. With one, you can carry your pistol anywhere you go with minimal hassles. Traveling to far places, making a trip to your local range ― name it, and you can still take your gun with you. Plus, pocket holsters are brilliant items for light pack adventures.
- Size: Of course, one of the best things you could find in a pocket holster is its size. A lot of pocket holsters could fit various types of firearms. But some could only house certain handguns and not others. As such, it’s important that you know your pistol’s size before buying a pocket holster for it. You don’t want to get the wrong fitting holster for your Ruger, right?
How To Pick a Good Ruger LCP Pocket Holster
From many choices available in the market, deciding which to buy is challenging. Investing in a pistol for the long-term is already one thing. The same applies when selecting a pocket holster. As such, the following criteria could help you find the right pocket holster for your Ruger:
- Material: Manufacturers often use specific fabric for their pocket holsters. For instance, the common ones you can find have either nylon or leather structures. Each fabric has its ups and downs, including perks that may prove beneficial for your handgun. Thus, pick a pocket holster that has high-quality material construction.
- Price: If you browse shops online, you’ll find that many sell them at cheaper and decent prices. You can even find a premium one that only costs you less than $10. Also, consider your available budget before buying. If you have more cash, you can buy a pricier high-quality pocket holster instead.
- Dominant Hand: Are you right-handed, left-handed, or both? Regardless of what you choose, it’s important to know what your dominant hand is when shooting a gun. Some holsters only cater to left- or right-handed users. While others have ambidextrous options that can serve every shooter regardless of his hand orientation.
- Outfits: You also have to consider what clothes you wear on an everyday basis. However, small, pocket holsters may not fit in several types of clothes. For example, pants or shorts with small pockets can’t accommodate holsters. I recommend wearing pants that have bigger pockets. This makes it easier and more comfortable to conceal your holstered handgun.
5 Best Ruger LCP Pocket Holsters
Let’s take a closer look at each of the top Ruger LCP pocket holsters.
Amberide KYDEX Holster
Materials – The material for this holster is .08’’ KYDEX which is waterproof and lightweight. This Amberide Holster is specifically designed for Ruger LCP. It is also available for both left and right-handed. It has a sweat guard to cover the full length of the slide and the retention screw is adjustable for a smooth draw. The belt clip fits and holds well and can be worn straight or canted 15 degrees. And for any product flaws, the Amberide holsters come with a lifetime warranty and with a few color and pattern options.
Performance – As you all know, KYDEX holsters are our ideal picks for gun holsters. Luckily, we found this Amberide holster in Gun Gear Depot at a very affordable price. It comes with no sharp edges and ensures comfort while you’re on the hunt. The audible retention lock system also assures that your gun is fully secure when you’re out.
What we say – This is the best Ruger LCP for those who are looking for a reliable locking system and lightweight design. It offers a high level of security whether you’re out hunting or using it on a daily basis.
- Adjustable cant and retention pressure
- Audible lock system
- Lifetime warranty
- Doesn’t accomodate all sights
DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster
DeSantis Gunhide has made outstanding holsters since 1972. Out of their superb items, the Nemesis Holster is one of them. This holster’s best feature is its slick path cloth. The said material covers the holster’s interior lining. With this, you can perform smooth quickdraws because it doesn’t cause any friction. To add, the material is comfortable and firm enough to keep its shape despite everyday use. It also protects your Ruger from any dust or lint getting into the barrel.
Also, the holster has a special exterior pattern. With this, you can wear it inside your pocket in comfort and ease. Moreover, the core comes with padded foam to conceal your gun’s outline. As such, the Nemesis Holster doesn’t give away that you’re carrying a gun with you at all. Plus, the core doesn’t add too much pressure when you place the holster in your pocket. Given its weight of 1.5 ounces, it’s no surprise why this holster is ideal for portable carry. You can watch a short review video of the Nemesis Holster below:
Since it’s ambidextrous, this holster fits for shooters regardless of hand orientation. Besides that, the holster covers the trigger guard well. Hence, your grip on your pistol becomes stable and secure. Besides the Ruger LCP 380, it could also fit various handguns. Examples of these are the Taurus TCP, KelTec P3AT, and even Custom Ruger LCP.
- Interior lining made of slick path cloth
- Dust- and lint-resistant
- Comfortable and firm
- Low cost
- Padded foam conceals a gun’s outline
- Doesn’t create friction when pulling a gun out
- Could even fit a Custom Ruger LCP
- Holster drags along with gun from several quick draw attempts
- Not suitable for tucking pistols with attached lasers and lights
DeSantis Super Fly Pocket Holster
The Super Fly is an upgraded version of the Nemesis Holster. Like the Nemesis, this holster’s inside components use a slick path cloth for low-friction gun draws. For extra protection, DeSantis added polymer to support your gun’s weight further. Plus, you can use its removable and reversible flap to help hide your pistol’s shape.
Let’s discuss this holster’s whole framework further. First, it shares a similar physical shape to that of the Nemesis. Despite that, this holster has a more rubberized texture compared to the latter. It’s also an ambidextrous holster. Like the Nemesis, both right- and left-handed shooters can make the most out of its attributes. To show, here’s an unboxing video of this holster:
Next, this holster uses nylon material for its entire construction. This makes it feel soft and comfortable when pocketed. Despite that, keep in mind that this holster doesn’t come with clips. Hence, you can use this for either IWB carry or pocket carry. Even with no gun placed, this holster remains open. This lets you reholster other handguns with fewer hassles.
Although it can fit Ruger LCPs, this holster can’t accommodate a Ruger Custom model in it. Still, you can use it to stash other pistols like M44 and Taurus models. Unlike Nemesis, the holster can fasten handguns even with lasers installed. One example is inserting a Ruger with a Crimson Trace laser attached to it.
- Slick path cloth prevents forming friction when drawing guns
- Extra polymer supports gun weight
- Rubberized texture makes it more durable and flexible
- Nylon material keeps the holster soft and comfortable to the touch
- Works either as an IWB or pocket carry
- Holster remains open for easier reholstering
- Can accommodate M44 and Taurus pistols
- Doesn’t attach to pants
- Can’t fit Ruger Custom pistols
Talon Ruger LCP Wallet Holster
Chosen by the police force, the Wallet Holster is not your average pocket holster. This holster’s main feature is its body. To elaborate, its structure uses Hermann Oak American Steerhide Leather. The said high-quality material maintains this holster’s durability. To add, this holster’s design can lodge low-caliber conceal carry firearms.
The Wallet Holster comes with either a right- or left-hand draw version. Plus, its wallet-shaped design offers your gun incredible secure concealment. This attribute ensures that nobody will notice you carrying a firearm in public. For comfortable carry, I recommend that you pair this with shorts or cargo pocket pants. Plus, you can also stash it on your pants’ rear or side pockets. Check out a brief guide video of how the Wallet Holster works in action:
Also, the quality stitching nest to the trigger guard provides great retention. Next, the flat back panel makes your firearm invisible in your back pocket. When paired with a long shirt, you’ll feel safe and secured using the Wallet Holster to conceal your Ruger LCP 380. Although it uses premium leather material, it does come with Talon’s “No Bull Guarantee” tag. With this in mind, a holster like this can make sitting a little uncomfortable. Some people might find that an issue, especially when you’re seated at your desk or car for hours.
Still, the Wallet Holster is a fantastic add-on to have for your Ruger LCP. Even though it’s the priciest product in this review, it lives up to its first-class features. As mentioned earlier, this holster could fit other firearms like KelTec models.
- Made from Hermann Oak American Steerhide Leather
- Strong and durable
- Wallet-like design offers incredible secure concealment for your gun
- Quality stitching provides your pistol great retention
- Has a flat back panel
- Compatible with KelTec and other low-caliber guns
- Holster design could make sitting for long periods uncomfortable
Uncle Mike’s Off-Duty Holster
If you ask gun enthusiasts around, the Uncle Mike brand is no stranger to them. Uncle Mike is famous for its world-class gun gear, including its Off-Duty Holster for the Ruger. For starters, this holster’s trademark feature is its special laminate material. This offers several perks for your weapon. First, it blocks sweat and dirt from damaging your gun. Second, it conceals any recognition or print-through marks. Third, it protects your pistol from falling out or getting crushed while sitting.
Like most holsters, this item uses nylon as its body’s main material. As such, the nonslip band around the center of this nylon holster keeps your Ruger LCP secured in place. This also lets you have a clean and smooth draw of your gun when needed. I tried using this to conceal my Ruger LCP 380 pistol when I went out to eat with my friends. From experience, I didn’t see any printing through the holster. Hence, the Off-Duty Holster is a worthy long-term investment for your Ruger. To prove, here’s YouTuber ParasidicGeneration’s short review of the Off-Duty Holster:
Next, the open top’s design provides enough exposure to grab the grip. But this prevents the movement of gun levers, buttons, and any catches on clothing. Still, various sizes are available when buying an Off-Duty Holster for yourself. For instance, the size 2 option will fit most 380 pistols. So far, this is one of the best Ruger LCP holsters in the market today.
In brief, the Off-Duty Holster can accommodate many different pistols. A few examples include Beretta, Glock, H&K, and Taurus models. It’s also ambidextrous in nature. Regardless of hand orientation, it does a great job of keeping your firearm safe and secure.
- Coated with special laminate material
- Sweat- and dirt- resistant
- Nylon body makes it tough and sturdy
- Nonslip band keeps your pistol secured in place
- Comes at sale prices of $9.95 to $23.95
- Available in a variety of sizes for different handguns
- Is suitable for both right- and left-handed users
- Nonslip band a little too tight
For our best overall pick, I recommend the Amberide IWB KYDEX Holster. It had us at the satisfying click you get when the gun slides into place. It is also durable and easy on the eyes. Which Ruger LCP pocket holster do you prefer? Let us know by leaving your comments below!