Concealed carry insurance. What is it? Why do I need it? Who is the best? Our readers ask us these questions often. That’s why we published an article comparing all the major concealed carry providers (updated for 2021) to help you make the right decision to choose the best concealed carry (or CCW) insurance.
In short, concealed carry insurance usually provides
- Funds to pay your legal defense to defend yourself from a criminal conviction and/or civil lawsuit for using your legal weapon (not just firearms) in self-defense.
- Funds to pay a premium for posting your bond.
- Compensation for wages lost during a court case.
- Funds for court fees.
You might be new to this, or already know all the pitfalls of firing in self defence. Either way Gary Eastridge from CCW Safe has a great insider’s perspective, and some great stories from his days as an homicide inspector.
A provider’s view on CCW insurance – video interview with CCW Safe
What you will learn from our video?
- The founding story of the CCW Safe.
- The difference between ‘criminal’ and ‘civil’ defense.
- The true costs associated with a murder trial.
- Why you need expert witnesses and private investigators.
Choose CCW Safe today
- Over 40,000 paying members and growing.
- Unparalleled expertise of the judicial system from ex law enforcement.
- Industry leading access to private investigators and expert witnesses.
- Very good value for money!
- Don’t ‘budget’ your defense today, know you are covered on all bases for all eventualities.
Introducing Gary Eastridge
Gary has over 35 years experience as a law enforcement officer, latterly as the Chief Investigator for the District Attorney’s Office in Oklahoma City. Before this, he worked as a homicide detective with the United Nations in Kosovo and was an Inspector in the Homicide Unit in Oklahoma City.
What is Gary’s job at CCW Safe?
Gary runs the Critical Response Unit at CCW Safe. The team that will help you when you most need it. The Critical Response Team is a team of senior individuals who will travel to any member being charged for firing their gun or firearm. This team is one of the standout features of CCW Safe. In fact, it is unique among the concealed insurance providers.
As you’ll see in the video, CCW Safe is very big on peer support. This is just one of the things the CCW Safe founders learnt from their days in law enforcement that now is part of the CCW Safe culture.
You might be wondering what ‘peer support’ means in reality? Put it this way, one of their members was being charged. Before any legal conclusion, this member lost his job. The Critical Response Team travelled to the member and helped him negotiate a year long severance package with his place of work. They are also there as an experienced hand guiding their members through these tough experiences. They help with everything from the first moments after the gun fired to the police interviews, hiring lawyers, court proceedings and finding expert witnesses.
Each concealed carry insurance provider has its own flavor
At SniperCountry we want you to better understand the people behind these concealed carry insurance companies. After all, these are the men and women who will back you up if the unthinkable happens and you have to fire or wield your gun (or any weapon) in self-defense.
We also want to make sure you have the necessary information that goes beyond the policy details. The providers are unique companies serving an important purpose for those who carry in America. They each have a different perspective and different membership offerings. Did you know that
What they all have in common though, is their determination to protect any law-abiding American who chooses to carry a gun! For more on their various offerings read our best concealed carry insurance for 2021 guide.