A gun vise is an indispensable item when it comes to cleaning your gun or performing any other work on it. No matter how you do your regular gun cleaning or adjust a scope, a vise makes this process a lot easier.
So, if you are planning on working on the weapon of your choice on a regular basis, a good gun vise is definitely worth your money. We created this quick buying guide, highlighting our top choices for the best gun vises, with their reviews.
|MTM Rifle And Shotgun Gun Vise|| ||$79 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|Tipton Best Gun Vise|| ||$84 Shop NowClick to read my review|
|CTK P3 Ultimate Gun Vise|| ||$139 Shop NowClick to read my review|
The Best Gun Vise Buying Guide
There are a few things you should keep in mind if you are looking for the best gun vise. Sure, you could just go with the first recognizable brand, but does a Tipton gun vise really live up to its hype? Well, let’s find out by creating a quick rundown on what really matters.
- Flexibility: Since there is no way you will buy a separate vise for every rifle you own, it’s best to choose a vise that offers a wide range of use for different types of guns.
- Usability: Cleaning a gun can be tricky and the best gun vise should improve that processt. Therefore, it’s also essential that you can adjust angles, elevation and maybe even rotation, while your vise still holds your firearm in place with a firm grip. Furthermore, this gives you the chance to reach all those tricky spots while cleaning or adjusting the perfect position for scope and barrel.
- A Firm Stand: An excellent gun vise should come with a certain balance. What do we mean by that? Well, even a perfectly safe grip is useless if the vise itself doesn’t come with a safe stand. Moreover, nothing should shake while you clean chamber, barrel, or whatever you plan on doing while you strap the gun on it. A good vise should also work with a combination of weighted ground and a spread out bottom half. It should also enable you to attach the vise on the table you are working on.
- Price: A good gun cleaning vise doesn’t have to break the bank. Moreover, looking for a good product also meant looking for the best gun vise for the money.
BONUS OFFER: Get your free shooting range targets to print at home!
Get your free targets to print at home!
The Best Gun Vises and Their Reviews
Keep in mind, we only provide recommendations, and not every gun vise works for every firearm. Choose accordingly to your arsenal, but going with our top lists is also a good option to consider.
MTM is well-known in the firearms industry for its gun cases. They also developed new and improved gun vises as experts of polymer fabrication. Additionally, the MTM GV-30 is a versatile gun vise system for a variety of tasks. Cleaning weapons, fitting optics, and other tasks are all made easier with the MTM GV-30 Gun Vise.
It is relatively inexpensive and made of red plastic, black rubber, and hollow on the inside. It’s also light as a feather. In addition, this Gun Vise is a well-designed tool. Its smart design extends to keeping it as inexpensive as possible without losing usefulness.
The MTM Gun Vise is also a plastic workbench that holds a firearm so you may clean it with both hands. It’s a 31-inch-long, 8-inch-deep plastic device with 8-inch-high stands on each end. It handles a wide range of firearms for gun cleaning, maintenance, and gunsmithing. To protect your firearm’s finish, MTM rubberized all touchpoints. The second fork, located behind the clamp, is for cleaning guns so that you can clean them at the right angle.
The 11 compartments in the base separate gun parts or whatever else you like. The unit’s 21 screwdriver bit holders are well-suited for jags and brushes as they are for bits.
Overall, the vise is well-designed. Its plastic and clamps are strong. It is simple yet works well for its purpose. It meets a lot of gun owners’ needs for maintenance, cleaning, scope mounting, and basic gunsmith tasks. All thanks to its affordable price and a long list of features.
- Features a fast clamp down and a secure non-marring hold
- Great price to quality ratio
- Suitable for all gunsmithing needs
- Rubberized contact parts and legs
- Lots of space for storage
- Wide gun type support
- No instructional manual
- The hold isn’t perfect
- Plastic material
Tipton’s marketing chose not to be humble on this very product and just plan out named it what they believe it is: The best gun vise.
One of the most purchased gun vises on Amazon, there must be more to it than just those Tipton guys bragging, right? And yes, it’s actually a pretty decent choice. A big part of why that specific vise is so popular is its flexibility. It works for a huge range of firearms. The three points of padded support are fully adjustable, provide a wide range of possible positions. Generally, it should fit any stock configuration making it the number one all-around vise on this list. From working with an AR15 up to commonly used revolvers and pistols, this vise holds them all. Adjusting angle and height is obviously no problem either, so a barrel down position for cleaning and oiling is something easily achieved.
Our favorite feature of the Tipton Best Gun Vise is its sturdiness. Once your gun is locked in it’s locked in. Wow, you might say, it actually does what it’s supposed to do. Why did we bother to mention this? Well, after the Lyman Revolution this vise is the exact opposite. Not necessarily through its weight, but its design limits any wiggling to a bare minimum. A great choice in our opinion and an awesome addition to every workshop.
- Very versatile; fits almost every firearm
- Very sturdy; great for heavier work on your gun
- Bolts are easy to tighten
- Plastic material
The P3 Ultimate Gun Vise comes with a steel construction which definitely beats plastic. Keep in mind we are working on guns, so I will never trade lightweight for sturdiness. You want to rely on your vise holding your gun exactly how you need it and the P3 Ultimate certainly succeeds here.
The bonus of having a full steel vise is that in most cases it can easily be transformed into a shooting rest. While you would never think about doing this with a plastic vise, the P3 Ultimate actually is such a 2 in 1 package. Attach the optional rest and you got yourself a handy friend on the shooting range. Get yourself a few additional bags of sand and you won’t feel a difference from a traditional rest. If you had any doubt about this vise being sturdy enough for your workshop, it should be gone by now. No matter if you are going to use it for pistols or rifles, this vise is a decent investment.
- Really sturdy
- Can be used as a shooting rest
- Steel material
Which Gun Vise Is The Best?
Considering all the requirements reviewed above, we choose the MTM Rifle And Shotgun Gun Vise as the best gun vises on this list. It’s a product from a well-known manufacturer. It’s also versatile and inexpensive. We also like the way the company rubberized all touchpoints to protect your firearms. Furthermore, it’s also well-designed and contains many features that can meet any gun owner’s needs.