Some of the most popular sights for tactical rifles, shotguns, and handguns are the true 1X holographic and reflex sights. These type of sights offer a lot of benefits when discussing tactical and close range combat situations. What they don’t offer is more accurate medium to long range shooting capabilities.
Magnifiers are a tool that can be used in tandem with these sights and they allow tactical firearms to be used for more long range shooting applications that are more difficult with CQB (close quarters combat) optics used on tactical rifles.
EOTech sights are some of the of the more popular and top quality holographic sights on the market and are considered the absolute best by a large population of tactical marksmen. Like any holographic or reflex sight, you can be limited by range and accuracy at increased distances. EOTech offers a magnifier model that we will discuss on this list, but it can be expensive for some users.
In this article, we will take a look at EOTech’s magnifier as well as three other magnifier options that will pair with EOTech and other CQB sights. We will also take a look at several aspects of magnifiers for EOTechs that should be considered when looking to add more range to your tactical firearm.
Magnifiers For EOTech Buyer’s Guide
Just because a company lists their product as a magnifier for EOTech doesn’t mean it’s going to be worthy of mounting on your rifle. They are not created equal, and in this section, we will take a look at several components and aspects of magnifiers and what stands out to us on a high-quality magnifier.
- Durability: Weapons used in tactical, close range combat are usually put through rigorous shooting and sometimes in less than ideal conditions. Just like the firearm, and the user, a magnifier scope must be able to perform in these conditions as well. This means that they are made from quality material such as anodized aluminum and be purged and sealed to keep them water and fog proof. We also like magnifiers to be a compact design making them easier to fit on your railing.
- Magnification Power: A magnifier paired with a holo or reflex sight is not meant to replace a variable powered scope. Magnifiers are meant to take your CQB sights and allow medium to medium-long range shooting applications. Because of this, most magnifiers for EOTechs are fixed at lower magnification settings from 2-4X. Anything higher than this is tougher to come by and for tactical shooting where you often need to large field view, higher than 4X magnification.
- Flip Mounts: If you’re going with a magnifier combo, it is essential that the magnifier is mounted on a flip mount base, also known as an STS (side to side). In tactical situations or shooting competitions, there are going to be times where you need to flip from a CQB to medium to long range, and it is critical that the flip mount is going to be reliable and will stay in the correct position.
On top of having a flip mount, you might also want to pay attention to if the mount that comes with the magnifier has some riser that will allow you to change the height of the magnifier to pair better with whatever open sight you already have on your rifle.
The following products that we will discuss may or may not come with a flip mount, so it is important that you keep this in mind when preparing to mount your AR 15 magnifiers.
- Lens Quality: As with any optics going on your firearm, it is important that it is constructed with quality glass. Quality glass is going to resist unwanted glare and allow optimal light transmission for a bright and clear picture in any lighting environment. It’s also important that it does not affect the clarity of the reticle being used.
Our Top Magnifiers For EOTechs
Following the criteria outlined above, the following section will provide a selection of magnifiers for EOTechs that are certainly worth their money.
The newest magnifier model from EOTech is going to be the perfect pairing with any EOTech holographic sight, but it also pairs well with a variety of other holo or reflex sights from other manufacturers.
This magnifier has a 3X fixed magnification setting with incredible lenses. You will find that the holographic or reflex sight looks as clear through this magnifier as it does without it and you will not need to deal with the magnifier causing the sights to blur or burst as it often does with cheaper models.
This magnifier aligns well with standard height sights, and it does come with a 7mm riser so you can adjust the height if using higher sights on your rifle. When mounted, it is extremely easy to center the sight in the magnifier with the windage and elevation adjustments. It is also extremely easy to zero in on the range, and it holds that setting through thousands of rounds and even dismount and re-mounting.
The field of view that you get with this magnifier is incredible, and the eye relief makes it extremely easy to use with your tactical firearm. On top of all this, it has a large eye box making this one of the top magnifiers for EOTech and tactical firearms.
Like any useful magnifier for EOTechs, the G33 comes with an STS mount that is easy to put on your railing, and it is an extremely sturdy mount that you will not have to worry about it being knocked off or damaged in the field under normal tactical conditions. The magnifier is easy to flip back and forth from close quarters combat to long range shooting and will hold in place in whichever setting is needed. The quick detach lever also makes it easy to quickly remove the mount and be able to switch to other firearms without any hassle.
- Can pair with various CQB sights
- Very durable
- Tremendous glass
- Easy to center
- Great field of view
- Reliable STS mount
- Easy to mount
- Holds zero
- Very expensive
- EOTECH G33.STS - 3x Magnifier in BLACK
- Magnification - Fixed 3x magnification in compact design
- Quick Transitions - Switch-to-Side mount allows instant transitions between 1x and 3x magnification
This is another 3X fixed magnifier that comes with an integrated flip mount that is extremely easy to mount onto your firearm. The Flip mount is quick and easy to move your firearm between magnification and close combat conditions, and you can be confident that it will stay in place when on the move.
This magnifier does not take up a lot of room on your rail as it is extremely compact, but the biggest issue with this EOTech magnifier is the eye relief. It’s pretty poor, and the tight eye box does not help either with getting a full field of view. You will need to be careful of placement on your rail.
This scope is constructed from high-grade aluminum and is purged and sealed for a water resistant and fog proof magnifier. Overall, this is a durable scope that is going to hold up well in the field.
We are pleased with the glass quality on this magnifier and think you will be happy with the bright and clear images that you get. You will also find that your holo or reflex reticle used on your sights is still clear and crisp through this magnifier in all lighting conditions.
The mounting system allows for multiple height adjustments and works great as an AR 15 magnifier and other tactical platforms. The integrated mount can be adjusted to line up with a variety of CQB open sights that are commonly used.
This magnifier is a little heavy coming in at 11.9oz. Depending on the firearm and placement of the magnifier, it could affect the balance of the rifle so you should be aware when mounting.
Read our full Review here.
- Weather resistant
- Excellent light transmission
- Easy to use flip mount
- Poor eye relief
- The VMX-3T Magnifier and Flip Mount combo adds a 3x magnification to your rifle's red dot sight. Simple, fast, and effective, the push button design engages and disengages the flip mount allowing the magnifier to lock in at your desired position.
- The lens are fully multi-coated maximizing resolution, light gathering capability, and color fidelity. The VMX-3T gives you a generous 3.25 inches of eye relief with a 38.2 foot field of view at 100 yards.
- The VMX-3T does not require any special sight-in. The dot centering screws can be used to help center your red dot image in the VMX-3T's field of view.
This magnifier from Burris is designed to be mounted to AR platforms and is a fixed 3X magnification product. This magnifier offers performance near the high dollar magnifiers for a much more affordable price.
This magnifier comes with a sturdy flip mount and holds up well in most situations. The mount comes with a simple push button flip mechanism that quickly and easily gets the magnifier out of the way and allows near instantaneous close combat operations. One of the biggest issues with this magnifier is the integrated mount. There are several plastic pieces used that tend to bend or break under stress so you might be better served going for a separate mount.
The eye relief and eye box on this magnifier are more than adequate and will not cause any issues on AR or other tactical platforms. It can be mounted behind any close combat open sights and is very easy to install and center. It will also hold those settings through thousands of rounds.
This is a compact and light EOTech magnifier, but it is extremely durable being made from aircraft grade aluminum and treated to be highly weather resistant. All are characteristics for a great magnifier on tactical firearms.
The glass used on this magnifier does incredibly well at cutting down glare and allowing optimal light transmission. We have also yet to find any issues with this magnifier distorting the holo or reflex sight that it is used in tandem with.
The field of view is also generous with 44ft available at 100 yds. Even with the magnifier, you can pick up your target quickly which is going to be a huge plus for a lot of you.
- Weather resistant
- Decent eye box
- Excellent lenses
- Good field of view
- Plastic pieces on mount
- Poor eye relief
- Finish: matte black
- Field of view: 44 feet at 100 yards
- Eye relief: 2.5 inches
There are a lot of magnifiers on the market that are made from well-known manufacturers, and while they are tested and proven in the field, they often come with a price tag that a lot of users just are not willing to pay out of the gate. The UTG 3X Magnifier is the most affordable magnifier on our list, but it also has excellent performance specs.
The magnifier is very sturdy and has a solid anodized aluminum body that is going to be able to hold up in poor weather conditions and abuse that tactical firearms sometimes encounter without losing its function.
It has great multicoated lenses that give you a clear and crisp image of the field, and the red dot sight is also clean with no blurring. The 42mm center height of this magnifier also means that it is going to line up well with most CQB tactical sights without an issue.
This scope offers a decent field of view, though not up to the levels of other magnifiers for EOTech on this list and might be an issue with tactical users who still need to keep an eye on a generous portion of the field even when looking at longer ranged shots. The eye box on this magnifier is also a little tighter than a lot of marksmen might like, but you can get a full image of the field from the most common shooting positions.
This scope also comes with an integrated flip to side mount and quick detach lever. It is extremely easy to mount onto your railing, and the transition between CQB and magnification settings is crisp and reliable. You will also find that this magnifier is extremely easy to zero in on your rifle.
Maybe the biggest issue with this magnifier is that sometimes, especially when bumped hard or when using high caliber magnum rounds is that the setting gets knocked off and can lead to slight inaccuracies. Though, when it is centered, this magnifier is as accurate at 100-200 yard shots as any other magnifier on the list.
This is a great option for the more casual tactical rifle users given some of the scopes drawbacks. In casual situations, these drawbacks are not make or break and for the price you get, this magnifier is highly recommended.
- Clear optics
- Easy to install and center
- Reliable flip mount
- Good eye relief
- Very affordable
- Very accurate
- Center knocked off easily
- Tight eye box
- Broadband Multi-coated Lens to Provide Crystal Clear 3X Image, Wide Field of View - 30% Bigger Than Comparable Models from Other Brands.Compatible Rail-Picatinny/Weaver.
- Windage/Elevation Adjustability for Optimum View Centering. Refer user manual for list of compatible manuals
- 42mm Center Height for Most Common Dot Sight Combination, Innovative Flip-to-Side Mechanism for Quick Transition between 1X and 3X Image.Objective Diameter:25mm;Field of View @ 100 yards:45'
Our Favorite EOTech Magnifiers
We have listed four excellent options for a magnifier to part with your CQB holographic or reflex sights. As we have already mentioned, EOTech is one of the most popular and reliable CQB sights that are available in the world. During this time we often pick our top product from the four we have discussed so far. Given this is an EOTech based article, we have to go with the EOTech G33.STSTAN Magnifier.
This model designed and produced by EOTech is the absolute best option to go with your EOTech holo sight. While it is a pretty penny, it’s near impossible to top the performance specs. You’re looking at a magnifier that is extremely easy to align, mount, and zero in with your holographic or reflex sight and is going to hold up and perform under any environmental condition you might be exposed to as well as hold it’s zero. The STS mount is easy to use and reliable. This magnifier provides tremendous image and reticle quality as well as a generous eye box and fantastic field of view for 3X magnification that helps target acquisition. Above all else, it’s also highly accurate.
If you have the funds, an EOTech magnifier is one of the best investments you can make. If it’s not possible, we have listed three other alternatives to an EOTeach magnifier that we hope you will take advantage of. Magnifiers for EOTechs are a great tool and can take a tactical rifle geared only towards short range applications and provide some often needed range.
Price incl. tax, excl. shipping/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API