SIG P238 IWB holsters come in many different styles and options. Designed much like the Colt Mustang, the P238 has become very popular since its inception in 2009. Which P238 holster you decide on is, once again, going to depend on what you need out of it. It is a very small, discreet pistol that is easily hidden from view.
There are a few features to keep in mind when choosing a holster for your Sig Sauer. I look for holsters that will last awhile. There is no sense in going cheap if you need to buy a new one every several months or so. I want a holster that is comfortable to wear for long periods of time. If it cannot be worn in a few positions comfortably, then it is not worth the investment. I also want it to hold its position securely while holding my gun just as well. I should be able to draw and re-holster efficiently in a time of need.
- Comfort – Comfort is a really important. The best holster for a SIG P238 should be like a ghost, meaning you should barely notice it at all. Being able to adjust the cant, and position has a lot to do with this. Walking is very different than sitting in a car, or riding a bike. Since IWB holsters usually sit against the skin, having material that is soft is paramount. Comfort should be one of the first things you think about when buying a P238 holster.
- Durability – The difference between a good holster and a great holster is that a great holster will hold up after years of daily use. Money is not always a determiner of quality, but going cheap for a P238 concealed carry holster is not recommended. A durable holster will provide the necessary retention for keeping the holster, and gun, in place. Look for things like stitching quality, materials used, and its ability to withstand the elements.
- Security – One of the main points of carrying a concealed weapon is for protection. If your SIG P238 concealed carry holster does not stay in place, or comes out when your pistol is pulled, a nasty situation could become worse. In the situations you find yourself needing to draw your pistol, seconds mean everything, and being able to grab your gun at a moments notice could be a deciding factor. Your holster also needs to hold your gun securely when not in use with a nice, snug fit.
There are several other more individual criteria that you should take into consideration. Do you have any form of handgun accessories attached to your Sig? Maybe a laser or a tac-light? Since most holsters are designed and molded to fit perfectly, there is rarely room for such attachments and you might have to look for a solution specially made for this setup.
BONUS OFFER: Get your free shooting range targets to print at home!
Get your free targets to print at home!
The Best SIG SAUER P238 Holsters
After searching reviews, and forums of what people thought to be the best holsters for the SIG P28, I weeded out weaker ones to give you a list that should help in your decision. All of these holsters rank high in comfort, durability, and security. Without further delay, here are the four best concealed carry holsters for the SIG P238.
Desantis is one of my personal favorites for holsters. They are mid price range, but still high quality, and this SIG P238 holster is no exception. This model features a tension device and precise molding for great handgun retention. The memory band helps to keep the holster’s shape perfect, making it easy to re-holster with one hand.
The leather is high quality, making it very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The concealment factor is top notch. Since it needs a belt to attach to, the positioning is nearly endless. The clip-less design allows for quick adjustments when needed.
For a SIG Sauer P238 IWB holster, this one hits the mark. It is simple, but beautiful. There is one cant adjustment screw to alter the angle a little bit. The inside of the holster is scuffed leather to hold your piece in place. It does take an overnight marriage with your pistol to retain the perfect shape, but once it does, it will hold it for as long as you use it.
- Quality stitching
- Double snap loop design
- Conceals great
- Easy one-handed holstering
- Tension device
- Precise molding
- Memory band
- Snaps on loops come loose
- Priced a little high
This SIG P238 IWB holster was made for this gun. The fit is perfectly molded to the P238. It is a hybrid Kydex/leather holster giving you the best of both worlds; the comfort of leather and the moisture resistant durability of a thermoplastic polymer. The Kevlar stitching is quality at its best.
The beveled edges add a side to comfort you would not expect from a holster. Height and cant can be adjusted, making it super versatile and customizable. The sweat guard has been cut in such a way that the shooter can have a full grip of their pistol when holstered, making the draw incredibly speedy.
Retention is adjustable too, so users can put just the right amount of grip on their gun. The comfort curve is another added feature that fits the human body, and not a square. This is a fantastic holster all around for the SIG P238.
- Kydex/Leather hybrid
- Comfort curve
- Adjustable height
- Adjustable cant
- Beveled edges
- Quality stitching
- Sweat guard
- Adjustable retention
- Retention wears out
- Comfort issues when sitting
When it comes to SIG P238 IWB holsters, this is one of my top choices personally. This holster has great retention, enhanced flexibility, and is comfortable for long periods of time. It has a stainless steel spring band that essentially acts as a backbone, keeping it in position and adding durability. The Kydex outer layer fits your gun perfectly, and can handle heavy use.
Inside the holster is a “gripping” skin that keeps your gun in place until you need it. The soft neoprene fabric on the back of the holster keeps it comfortable against your skin. The stitching is superb quality that you can see.
The height and cant are adjustable to the users preferences, and can be worn in multiple positions. The two nylon clips can be adjusted in many different ways, giving the user a whole new added level of versatility. The nylon can be switched out for metal clips if so desired. This is one of the best holsters for the SIG sauer P238.
- Height adjustment
- Can’t adjustments
- Great retention
- Steel springboard “backbone” enhances retention and durability
- Kydex/Leather hybrid
- Gripping skin inside to keep firearm in place
- Easy draw and re-holster
- Soft neoprene lining for comfort and wicks moisture
- Adjustment screws become loose sometimes(due to not using loctite on screws as directions state)
- Neoprene layer wears out
This little P238 holster is hand crafted by Galco, and fits deep in the pocket for great concealment. The open top allows for a fast draw once the garment is up and away. The mouth of the holster is reinforced to give the shooter a smooth return to holster after the draw.
The Gen III tuckable J hook clip allows for one of the best concealed carry holsters for the SIG P238. It hooks upward over the pants and behind the belt. This leaves only a tiny piece showing that can hardly be noticed at all. With a tucked in shirt, no one will notice your firearm until you are ready to use it.
Made with a center cut piece of steerhide, this holster gets high marks in the comfort factor. The leather holds your guns shape tremendously, and although the clip looks dainty it holds better than some of the double clipped holsters. This SIG Sauer P238 holster is used by law enforcement and citizens.
- Deep concealment
- Reinforced mouth
- Comfortable steer hide leather construction
- J-hook clip leaves little visible
- Breaks in nicely
- Holds its shape
- Easy draw and re-holster
- Great minimalist holster
- No adjustment can’t or height
- Sitting is not comfortable
- Leather against your skin can be irritating
The Best P238 Concealed Carry Holster
All of these Sig P238 Holsters are a great buy, and will do the job you give to them. There can only be one best though, and considering personal research and reviews, I have the top holster picked. It is the Sig Sauer P238 Right-handed IWB Hybrid Holster. This holster offers so much for the user, while keeping the design nice and slim that it is hard to find a better holster. The Alien Gear was a close second though, and the difference between them are more personal than technical. Hope this article helps to get you to a decision, until next time, happy hunting.